Stolen from abbacat.
- Make a list of 5 things you can see without getting up.
- Obama mints.
- A birthday card from cheapmetaphor about delicious cake.
- A calendar of old-timey ads for trains.
- My giant white scarf.
- Many resumes I'm tired of reviewing.
- Obama mints.
- How do you style your hair?
I blowdry my bangs and roots and hope for the best. For fancytimes, I'll use my GHD straighteners to do curls. I'm trying to wean myself of Bumble&Bumble shampoo because it's *so* expensive but oh god, I love it so much.
- What are you wearing now?
Yellow shirt, gray sweater, gray pants, my seahorse necklace from the little girls' department at H&M. We're at the point in winter where I've given up ever looking cute again. It's all shitty sweaters and long underwear, from here to eternity.
- What’s your occupation?
~*~Marketing and Online Specialist~*~. I run the internet and do variously wordy and nerdy things for an AIDS nonprofit.
- Do you nap a lot?
This weird thing happened a few years ago, where suddenly every time I nap I wake up feeling really sick; IT IS THE WORST. Why, body, why??
- Who was the last person you hugged?
A, yesterday, before he went off to Do Things.
- What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
Does Wishing It Were Spring count? No? Well, I do spend a lot of time lately thinking about how BSG is insanely awesome.
- What was the last thing you ate today?
The world's most dubiously-ingrediented muffin; I really wanted to make muffins last night, but turned out to not have enough: blueberries, flour, sugar, milk, sour cream, vanilla, muffin liners. My many hacks involved bread flour; the dough was a gluteny horror, but somehow they still turned out all right. (They're blueberry ginger, with walnuts. Nom nom etc.)
- What books are on your to-read list?
Hahaha, oh god, so many. Lately everything else Malcolm Gladwell's ever done, since Outliers was so mindblowingly fascinating. (I'm a little worried that it's actually not that great, and by raving about it I sound dumb, but since I basically never read non-fiction I have no context to put it in.)
- What websites do you always visit when you go online?
Gmail, LJ, Mint, Favrd, Delicious, Facebook.
- What was the last thing you bought?
Bubble tea at MIT.
- What are you listening to right now?
Boring office noises.
- What do you think about before you go to bed at night?
What To Wear Slash Eat Tomorrow. Stupid Things That Were Said And Done. Pleasanter Things That Were Said And Done.
- What was the last CD you bought?
Hahahaha. Well, the last CD I downloaded was the new Lily Allen.
- What is your favourite weather, and why?
Sunny, 75, a little breezy. Weather for a day where you can wear a dress and ride your bike and drink iced coffee and lie on the grass.
- If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?
Though I've never had any particular interest in actually learning it, knowing how to play the guitar seems like it would be helpful for purposes of becoming a rockstar.
- How are you?
Frustrated with myself for being kind of sulky for no big reason. February February.
- What’s something you'd like to say to someone right now?
Dear coworkers, please stop leaving your dirty dishes in the sink, it's gross, man.
- What's one of your favorite movies?
I haven't seen it in ages, but lately I've been thinking about how much I like Six Degrees of Separation. It's got such a fantastic, play-like cadence, and an awesome cast.
DUDE, I just found out that I won a contest where I had to guess how many car keys were in a fishbowl! I've always been horribly bad at guesstimating and things that require, like, spatial awareness, so this is super exciting. I guessed 85 and there were 84! Clearly this opens up a whole new set of career options in the exciting field of Guessing Stuff.